Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lamb Weigh In 2009

Lamb Weigh- In was super fun - FOR CHRISTOPHER! He met up with "Uncle Kent" (not blood related, but close enough! We simply adore him and his wife Judy!!!) They took the horse trailer up to wrangle some mutton. I am sad to say that I missed the fun that gathering the lambs was. I later learned of the super fun time Topher had getting the lambs into the trailer. I felt like I was waiting at the 4-H Barn FOREVER!

Finally the lambs arrived! Topher brought in the first lamb, after trying to walk her on the leash. He ended up dragging the poor lamb to the chute. Topher was eaten by one of the lambs. He almost lost his manhood to one chomp of "Dominique". It's a good thing he doesn't need it anymore :)
Meet Rylie's lamb "ROXY"

and Dyalnn's lamb "DOMINIQUE"

Ryann and Kendall stood by and watched as the lambs were weighed in, tagged and then hauled back to the trialer by the magnificent Topher. He decided that trying to let them walk to the chute was a waste of time. He carefully picked them up, one by one, and carried them like babies to the chute! What a dad!
The fun came when he tried to get the lambs out of the trailer in to the back yard. I received a phone call:

Him: "Where are you?"
Me: "Picking up dinner."
Him: "Well, one of the lambs took off up the street and I can't catch her. She is just gone! I hate lambs!"

Lucky for Topher, the neighbor's grandson was mowing the lawn and helped corner the runaway lamb. Topher was able to tackle the lamb and haul her home. Thanks Justice, Topher appreciated the help. And I am sure you got a good laugh out of the Topher Tackle too!

1 comment:

aleesha said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha. I guess that I can't laugh too much. I hauled 2 lambs home with me too. I just left them in the horse trailer for a week, or two, or three. They are finally out now though. (They're wandering the fence line looking for a hole.)