Wednesday, May 6, 2009

DOLLS!

I had plenty of baby dolls as a little girl. My best friend Amy and I had twinner dolls, that on mine I drew boobies and pierced her ears with little silver poke pins. I still have my favorite doll from my childhood, she looks just like me. I would pretend she was alive ALL the time.

I, however, have a fear of dolls! Rational - nope! My mom had the freakiest porcelain doll that sat on the top shelf of her closet, her beady little eyes staring at me, waiting for me to fall asleep so she could smother me.


I hate doll museums! Doll movies! DOLLS! Lagoon use to have a freaky doll museum. I so did not like to go near that attraction!
Watched 'Chuckie' after a school dance - yuck! The clown doll in 'Poltergiest' - horrifying!

A friend from work always tells me how lucky I am to be able to buy baby dolls for my girls. How fun to pick out a cute dolly, cute little clothes, strollers, diapers, etc. And I can only think of that evil doll perched up in the closet, watching and waiting!

My girls do have several dolls, which are kept upstairs in the playroom out of view. I gave in and let them all have a fancy porcelain doll, but the
y must stay upstairs. The moment I see those dolls giving me the stink-eye, they are out of the house!

So - today my fear of dolls was reignited when I simply walked in to the Post Office to get my mail and ......


BAM! FREAKY NAKED DOLL IN THE CORNER!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Wow, that is actually way freaky! I miss you today! Hope Kendall and the piggy flu is feeling better!

~The Gailey's~ said...

Oh Shelly, you ROCK.
Jo