Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day everyone!

I don't so much as love the holiday, as I love the movie with Bill Murray! I will make my kids watch it with me today!

For those of you interested in the Groundhog here id a news story (did anyone doubt the six more weeks of winter?):

"Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow; winter to continue"

PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. – The world's most famous groundhog saw his shadow Monday morning, predicting that this already long winter will last for six more weeks. Punxsutawney Phil emerged just after dawn in front of an estimated 13,000 witnesses, many dressed in black and gold to celebrate the Pittsburgh Steelers' Super Bowl victory the night before.

Back to the movie:

If you have never seen it, poor you! I saw it opening weekend at the South Towne Theater with my friends, Emily, Kris, Nancy and Leslie. We laughed so loud! Good Times! (And that was 16 years ago!) I own a copy, and every time it is on t.v. i had to tune in.

Here are some of my favorite lines in the movie:

Phil: Don't drive angry. Don't drive angry!
*************************************************************************
Phil: Don't mess with me, Porkchop. *************************************************************************
Ned: Phil? Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you!
Phil: Hi, thanks for watching. [Starts to walk away]
Ned: Hey now, don't you tell me you don't remember me 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you.
Phil: Not a chance.
Ned: Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing. Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson, I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?
Phil: Ned Ryerson?
Ned: BING!
Phil: Bing.
*************************************************************************************************
Phil: I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over...


I like Groundhog Day too because I made my Kendall!!!!!

No comments: