Sunday, May 11, 2008

What is our last name, REALLY??

I know our last name is a pretty common word, just spelled a little different. -el instead of -le. Confusing to the public around us. But after our little stop in Circleville to visit Grandpa Stapel's grave, Christopher has come to question wether or not he was taught the correct name.

Wendy and James had told us of the wonderful Veteran's Memorial on the main drag in Circleville that had Christopher's dad's name spelled wrong....

So who is right? Just kidding, we know it is STAPEL! Too bad no one checked the spelling before they carved it in to stone.
When Rylie was little and learning how to spell her last name, she would argue with me about how it was spelled. She would be so serious and tell me- "No, that's not it. My teacher told me it is S T A P L E S!"
Since our arrival in Rich County we have been Staple and Staples. Finally after 11 years here people are getting it right.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

I love it!! That is so funny! It reminds me of Wal-Mart... have you noticed that like all of the old people call it Wal-Marts? So funny. I tease my grandma every time she says it but it is like carved in her memory that way!!